KONP demands – agreed on
14 March 2015
- End privatisation of the NHS and bring back government responsibility, ownership and accountability.
- Repeal the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and enact the NHS Bill drafted by Allyson Pollock and Peter Roderickhttp://www.keepournhspublic.com/images/ttip_cat%20only.jpg
- End expensive and compulsory competition, reject the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) and reverse all foundation trust plans.
- Commit to 4% real terms annual increase in funding from taxation to provide a comprehensive, publicly provided, top quality NHS for all, safe staffing levels and fair conditions for staff.
- Halt harmful cost-driven NHS cuts and closures. Any service reconfigurations must be evidence-based, driven by clinical need, not cost, and be subject to meaningful public consultation
- Halt all new private finance initiatives (PFIs). Independent review of PFI deals with effective action to reduce unfair PFI debts
TTIP: Stop multinationals getting their claws into our NHS
KONP is seriously concerned that the EU-US negotiations of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) would lead to health and social services being permanently provided on a market basis across the EU, including in the UK.